TEXT: 1 Corinthians 14:33 & 40 and Romans 10:14-15.
A. Nothing is happening in our world that is as important as what God is doing and what God wants us to do with my life.
1. Christians often belittle themselves, render themselves useless in the Kingdom of God.
2. We live with a sense of failure. I should have done more, I should have done it better, I should have done it sooner, I should have been more successful in the Lord's work, you often do not see immediate results that can be labeled as being successful. YET WE MUST PERSEVERE!
B. EVERYTHING SHOULD BE DONE IN A FITTING AND ORDERLY WAY.
1. To fail to plan, is to plan to fail.
2. If the Lord's work is the most important thing in the world, then it must be done in an orderly and planned way.
PROP: Here are 12 reasons why every church should have a Missions Outreach.
1. It is Biblical. All the way from Genesis (we are our brother's keeper) to Revelation we are told to reach out to others in need.
2. Isaiah's vision teaches it. Isaiah 6: 1-8 - Jonah
3. Jesus, the greatest missionary ever, exemplified it.
4. Jesus commanded it. Matthew 28:16-20
5. The early church practiced it. Acts 8:14; 13:1-3
6. Paul taught it. 2 Corinthians 5:11-21
7. Paul practiced it. Acts 13-28
8. The Philippian Church practiced it. Philippians 4:10-17
9. Jesus promised to bless those who go. Mark 10:28-30
10. Preachers need to be sent. Romans 10:14,15; 2 Timothy 4:1-5
11. It works. Every church with a good missions program finds it a blessing to the whole program of the church.
12. A good mission program is unselfishness at its best. Reaching out to the Lost is what the church is all about. Have you ever noticed what the early church spent its money on?